Please be patient. We WILL call you back. It is absolutely the busiest we have EVER been and we have NO ONE BUT ME right now. I also have a ranch to run and ALL of the animals, cows and calves, goats, sheep, pigs, plus our greenhouse and orchard MUST take precedence over returning phone calls. I have hired 5 people in order to get things back to normal We lost people to school, better-paying jobs and moving to new areas — all at the same time. I DO NEED YOU! The puppies that I want to keep are here waiting for YOU! However, until I can get things settled — we will just have to wait to meet each other. It should be soon! Terry
Powder Valley Poodles is a breeding kennel devoted to raising the best puppies possible for families, individuals and as working dogs.
We can’t do that if our dogs used for breeding have to live in an outdoor kennel for most of their lives. It doesn’t show us their potential and it is unethical and inhumane. I know most breeding kennels operate this way. But we are different. Dogs need companionship. Human companionship is best. We can’t have all of the dogs that we own right in our home. There is only room, time and energy for so many.
This is why we offer guardianship opportunities for families and individuals who qualify.
Guardian-care dogs in our breeding program must have a secure yard and an owner who is home most of the time. Someone working an eight hour, 5 day a week job would not be suitable.
- We pay for all routine medical costs and anything related to breeding.
- The foster owner agrees to pay for food, toys, beds and grooming.
- We provide all initial supplies: crate, beds, food, leash, collar, microchip, toys, etc.
- We also provide training classes on Saturday mornings. The ” Short Course” is a 4 session course that teaches the dog or puppy and new guardian how to effectively communicate. We also cover walking politely on a loose leash, not jumping on people (proper greeting behaviors), waiting politely at doors (not bolting through them) and “sit – stay”. These classes meet once weekly either at Terry’s ranch or in Fort Collins and are offered at no charge to our Guardian families. Guardians wishing to continue past these basic manners may do so with the same instructor offering more advanced classes. All classes offered through Powder Valley Poodles are offered at no charge to our guardian participants.
- The next available Short Course starts on June 27th 2020 on Saturday morning at 10:00am and another complete class starts August 1st. at 10:00 am (Saturday).
Candidates for guardian parents must live within 60 miles of Fort Collins, CO and be willing to bring the dog to scheduled veterinary appointments. The new guardian family may keep the dog and her babies after birth and watch them grow up (until the pups are weaned) or choose to let the dog have her puppies here at the ranch and take her back after the puppies are weaned. However — all of the mamas will have their puppies at Terry’s ranch, in the house, with Terry, Toni, or one of the trained Puppy Wranglers present. Once Dr. Wheeler has examined all of the puppies (when they are between 36 and 72 hours old) they then can go to the guardian’s home to raise the puppies if the guardian requests it AND the mama dog is already an experienced mother.
Guardian Homes Needed
I am planning on keeping at least two — maybe three — girls, and one boy (miniature poodle) from one or more of the following litters: Splash Angel and Vinny (mini goldendoodles), Dolce and Yankee (Medium goldendoodles), Sunny and Houston, (standard poodles), Isis and Bandit (standard poodles), Gabby and Robbie (miniature poodles), Silver and Robbie (small mini goldendoodles), and Foxy and Vinny (toy/small miniature poodle)..
All of the dogs and puppies mentioned above will be our breeding dogs but only after passing numerous tests. Some may not make the cut. If they do not make it into the breeding program the puppy automatically becomes the sole property of the guardian home. In other words — you get a free puppy!
Don’t get your hopes up too high for a free puppy, though, as most of our dogs DO make the cut. And, as I do not believe in keeping dogs all of their lives in kennels, if the guardian homes I am looking for do not materialize in a timely manner I might have to wait until the next available litters before taking on more puppies. The exception to this would be when one of our girls is retiring. I will keep a puppy or two from these litters as there will be no subsequent litters from that particular dog.
This year we are retiring both Dream and Isis and because they are in Guardian homes it means that they get to just stay with their families.
If interested in being one of our guardian homes for our breeding dogs please contact Terry by calling (no texts, landline…) 970-568-7585. Remember, Guardians have to live within 60 miles of Fort Collins, have a secure yard and be home most of the day. People who work from home or retired are IDEAL