Temperament Testing for Optimum Placement
We do personality profiles and temperament tests on all of our puppies EXCEPT the miniature and toy poodles and Yorkie/poodle crosses. These breeds mature more slowly than the others and temperament tests at 7 to 8 weeks on these pups would be almost meaningless.
Temperament tests are to be used as guidelines and should not be thought of as a definitive written in stone list of behavior traits for each puppy. The tests are comparative within the litter and are used to determine which puppies are more active, which are less active, assertive, tolerant, mouthy, bold or demanding WITHIN THE LITTER. When choosing your puppy always let Terry know WHAT the puppy’s purpose is to be: Companion/family dog, service or therapy candidate, child’s ESSD dog, etc. Only Terry can point you in the direction of which group of puppies or which litter your perfect puppy is likely to be in.
Visiting The Ranch
We know how exciting it is to be the recipient of a new puppy. The waiting is hard. Having to wait for your puppy to be born and then having to wait until it is old enough to go home can feel like forever. But, waiting to see the puppy until it is old enough to go home is the safest thing you can do for your new baby puppy. Every time someone comes to the ranch there is the possibility of pathogens — germs deadly to your puppy — being carried unknowingly onto the premises. The germs ride on hands, clothing and on the bottom of shoes. Deadly germs like Parvo Virus and Distemper that can kill an entire litter of puppies in just days. This is why we limit the number of visitors to the ranch. This is why we ask people to not just “stop by” to see the puppies. And this is why it is so important that people and their clothing are clean and have had no contact with potential disease vectors like stray dogs (no animal shelter visits), dog parks and public parks, (parvo can live on surfaces for several months waiting to be picked up and carried around on the bottom of shoes), and pet stores. (a huge potential as a reservoir for very deadly disease).
We know that it is important for people to actually see where their puppy is coming from. To meet the parents, if possible, and to make sure the kennel is clean and all the dogs happy and healthy. Believe me — I know — I buy puppies too. But we do have to keep the potential for disease transfer as low as possible. So — yes, you may come to the ranch to check us out (you will have to make an appointment or you won’t get through the locked gates) and of course, you come again in order to pick out and take home your puppy.
All we ask is that you, your family and ANYONE YOU BRING WITH YOU have not been exposed to any potential germs. So, no animal shelter visits, pet store visits, dog park or public park visits, don’t stop by the veterinary hospital on the way (loads of germs there) — be as clean and germ free as you can be. We appreciate it and so do our dogs and puppies.
We guarantee our puppies against life-threatening genetic problems. They will be genetically healthy, or you get a replacement puppy.
We also guarantee our dogs against temperament flaws. Dogs we breed and sell are to be good family dogs and trustworthy with children or YOU DON’T KEEP IT.
all we ask for in return is that you:
- Socialize your puppy
- Obedience-train your puppy
- Make your puppy a member of the family, NOT just an outside pet
- Feed only a good quality dog food as recommended in our contract.
Not doing the above will void our guarantee.
Our veterinarian goes over each puppy when the puppy is between 7 and 8 weeks old. He checks EVERYTHING that your own veterinarian would check if you were doing a “well puppy” check at the puppy’s first veterinary visit. And, since our veterinarian is also a professor at the Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital — it means that frequently — not only does the puppy get checked out by him — it will also be checked out by every vet student he brought with him.
Puppies to be shipped to new homes at nine weeks unless the laws in their state dictate otherwise.
Owners of shipped puppies are responsible for all shipping costs.
We have used United Cargo with great success. Prices of shipping your puppy via the airlines will depend on many factors, but you can usually count on the price (including crate, health certificate, transport to the Denver airport by courier and flight ticket for the puppy) being around or right under $600.00.
All puppies to be shipped air will be shipped out of DEN (Denver International Airport). All puppies shipped will be shipped non-stop only. Please check flights to and from your airport. Frequently, it is actually CHEAPER to take a flight from your airport to Denver and have one of us meet you at the airport to hand you the puppy and paperwork and then have you fly back the same day. AND — MOST IMPORTANTLY — it is far safer for the puppy to ride in the cabin with you then go in the belly of the plane.
However, with the exception of first deposits and stud fees for shipped semen, a 4% handling charge will be added to each credit card transaction.
We DO NOT accept cashier’s checks, money orders or personal checks on the day the puppy is to leave the premises.
Pricing by Breed Please note that prices will ALWAYS be on the lower end for individuals who sign up early for litters and wait for the puppies to be old enough to go home….
Prices are for limited registration/non-breeding pets and working (service, therapy, hunting) homes. Breeding rights with full registration are higher
Due to the increased demand for puppies, information, and my time to answer literally hundreds of emails and phone calls weekly I have had to hire staff to help with the increased volume. I try to keep my prices reasonable. However, starting September 1st., 2020 the prices on our puppies will be increasing in order to defray these new costs. Prices on puppies for deposits taken prior to September will not be affected by the increased prices
- Toy Poodle puppies ( 7 to 10 lbs) $18oo to $2500.
- Tiny Toy ( 5-6 lbs ) typically only Autumn’s puppies — $2000 to $2500
- Miniature Poodle puppies $1700 to $2500.
- Moyen puppies (a bit bigger than miniature but smaller than the American standard poodle) $1700 to $2500 (most are $1700 to $1900)
- Standard Poodle puppies (solid colors) $1600 to $2500. Based on color and conformation.
- Micro Goldendoodle puppies $2000 to $2500
- Toy Goldendoodle puppies $2000 to $2500
- Petite Miniature Goldendoodle Puppies $2000 to $2500
- Miniature Goldendoodle puppies $2000 to $2500
- Standard Goldendoodle puppies $1800 to $2200 (with the below exceptions)
- Extremely flashy-looking silver or parti-color goldendoodle puppies may be as high as $2500. These higher priced puppies are typically only seen in a very few of our litters.
- Standard Poodle-pointer puppies $1500 to $1800
- Yorkie Doodle Dandy puppies $1800 to $2500
- These prices are for limited registration, or non-breeding dogs only. The cost of a dog with breeding rights is significantly higher. We will sell suitable dogs with breeding rights under certain conditions. Talk to Terry for more information.
- People who put their deposits in early and pick up their puppies at 8 weeks of age will ALWAYS pay less than those that purchase a puppy after it has turned 8 weeks. We reward those that wait patiently with lower prices than is the norm for the type of puppy we sell. Others will pay the national average which is in most cases significantly higher.
- Senior citizens aged 65 + MAY BE eligible for up to a 10% discount. Ask Terry at the time you are placing your deposit if the litter is available for senior citizen discounts…..
We do not offer boarding under any circumstances. Not only is it a violation of the terms of our license through the state of Colorado as a dog breeding establishment but it also would put our puppies at great risk of communicable diseases.
However, sometimes new owners are not able to take home a puppy immediately after the puppy has turned 8 weeks old and is ready to go home. With that in mind, puppies may stay an additional week at no charge. After the puppy turns 9 weeks old — with the exception of puppies being shipped or picked up at the airport — a $25 per day fee will be charged. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE we want your puppies home and learning how to be good little dogs as soon as possible. In the case of puppies being shipped or riding in the cabin of the plane with the new owner we will keep the puppy for a reasonable amount of time until the puppy is old enough to more safely and comfortably travel. Depending on the breed this is usually 10 weeks of age although 9 weeks for most puppies is usually acceptable.