Visiting The Ranch
We know how exciting it is to be the recipient of a new puppy. The waiting is hard. Having to wait for your puppy to be born and then having to wait until it is old enough to go home can feel like forever. But, waiting to see the puppy until it is old enough to go home is the safest thing you can do for your new baby puppy. Every time someone comes to the ranch there is the possibility of pathogens — germs deadly to your puppy — being carried unknowingly onto the premises. The germs ride on hands, clothing and on the bottom of shoes. Deadly germs like Parvo Virus and Distemper that can kill an entire litter of puppies in just days. This is why we limit the number of visitors to the ranch. This is why we ask people to not just “stop by” to see the puppies. And this is why it is so important that people and their clothing are clean and have had no contact with potential disease vectors like stray dogs (no animal shelter visits), dog parks and public parks, (parvo can live on surfaces for several months waiting to be picked up and carried around on the bottom of shoes), and pet stores. (a huge potential as a reservoir for very deadly disease).
We know that it is important for people to actually see where their puppy is coming from. To meet the parents, if possible, and to make sure the kennel is clean and all the dogs happy and healthy. Believe me — I know — I buy puppies too. But we do have to keep the potential for disease transfer as low as possible. So — yes, you may come to the ranch to check us out (you will have to make an appointment or you won’t get through the locked gates) and of course, you come again in order to pick out and take home your puppy.
All we ask is that you, your family and ANYONE YOU BRING WITH YOU have not been exposed to any potential germs. So, no animal shelter visits, pet store visits, dog park or public park visits, don’t stop by the veterinary hospital on the way (loads of germs there) — be as clean and germ free as you can be. We appreciate it and so do our dogs and puppies.
We guarantee our puppies against life-threatening genetic problems. They will be genetically healthy, or you get a replacement puppy.
We also guarantee our dogs against temperament flaws. Dogs we breed and sell are to be good family dogs and trustworthy with children or YOU DON’T KEEP IT.
all we ask for in return is that you:
- Socialize your puppy
- Obedience-train your puppy
- Make your puppy a member of the family, NOT just an outside pet
- Feed only a good quality dog food as recommended in our contract.
Not doing the above will void our guarantee.
Our veterinarian goes over each puppy when the puppy is between 7 and 8 weeks old. He checks EVERYTHING that your own veterinarian would check if you were doing a “well puppy” check at the puppy’s first veterinary visit. And, since our veterinarian is also a professor at the Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital — it means that frequently — not only does the puppy get checked out by him — it will also be checked out by every vet student he brought with him.
Puppies to be shipped to new homes at nine weeks unless the laws in their state dictate otherwise.
Owners of shipped puppies are responsible for all shipping costs.
We have used United Cargo with great success. Prices of shipping your puppy via the airlines will depend on many factors, but you can usually count on the price (including crate, health certificate, transport to the Denver airport by courier and flight ticket for the puppy) being around $500.00.
All puppies to be shipped air will be shipped out of DEN (Denver International Airport). All puppies shipped will be shipped non-stop only.
However, with the exception of first deposits and stud fees for shipped semen, a 4% handling charge will be added to each credit card transaction.
We DO NOT accept cashier’s checks, money orders or personal checks on the day the puppy is to leave the premises.
Pricing by Breed
- Toy Poodle puppies ( 7 to 10 lbs) $1200 to $1500.
- Tiny Toy ( 5-6 lbs ) typically only Rosie puppies — $1800 to $2500
- Miniature Poodle puppies $1200 to $1500.
- Moyen puppies (a bit bigger than miniature but smaller than the American standard poodle) $1200 to $1500
- Standard Poodle puppies $1200 to $1500. Based on color and conformation.
- Toy Goldendoodle puppies $1200 to $1500
- Miniature Goldendoodle puppies $1200 to $1500
- Standard Goldendoodle puppies $1200 to $1500 (with the below exceptions)
- Extremely flashy-looking parti-color puppies may be as high as $2500. These higher priced puppies are usually born to Isis and Bandit.
- These prices are for limited registration, or non-breeding dogs only. The cost of a dog with breeding rights is significantly higher. We will sell suitable dogs with breeding rights under certain conditions. Talk to Terry for more information.